Share |
Over 18 years ago a Reform rabbi and a cantor officiated at my wedding. Now I am going through a divorce. I am interested in having a get (Jewish divorce decree). Being a Reform Jewish professional, what should I do? Is it necessary to have an Orthodox beit din? Are there other (non-Orthodox) means to acquire a get? What are the consequences of the various options, if they differ? And what are the expenses and requirements associated with this process?

Click here for a(n) Reform answer by Rabbi Mark Washofsky
Click here for a(n) Orthodox answer by Rabbi Sanford Shudnow
Click here for a(n) Conservative answer by Rabbi Elliot Dorff